Thursday, March 25, 2010

Under leaden Skies......24/03

Early GreyLead-coloured Drab
Small Quaker
March Moth
Grey was the order of the day,(or the night) with a bumper crop of 25 of 9 species on a very mild evening. Temperatures hovered around 11-12°C helped no doubt by the heavily overcast, rainy weather.
Highlights were my 1st Early Greys and another different Lead-coloured Drab. The list is as follows-
  1. Common Quaker- 6
  2. Clouded Drab- 5
  3. Early Grey- 4- New for the garden
  4. Agonopterix heracliana- 3
  5. Hebrew Character- 2
  6. March Moth- 2
  7. Small Quaker- 1
  8. Emmelina monodactyla- 1
  9. Lead-coloured Drab- 1- 2nd Record!
I had 2 traps out last night and once again the 30w twin out performed the portable 12v trap.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt, I've just found your blog from Ben's. I'm a beginner too so its really interesting to see how you've progressed. I like the home made traps too. I'm not too technically minded so mine cost big bucks! I look forward to see how you get on through the year....

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete