Sunday, November 6, 2011

Half a Monkey o' Macros..........

...........and for those outside East London, that means 250 macros up for the year! After persevering with the trap(s) every night, it has finally paid off. I did think I had the total on 2nd when I found a Sprawler in the conservatory. But it could have been a stowaway from Home Wood as that is where I left the battery light rig.
Migrants have been in evidence for the last week or so, with a few Rusty Dot Pearls and Silver Ys. So it was a relief when this showed up just after 9.30pm.

Dark Sword-grass
At last!

 Sprawler
Smuggled from Home Wood me thinks.........

Silver Y
2 records in November so far.........

 A Witch and a Pumpkin!
Sending the kids out begging for sweets is OK when they're this age I suppose. Halloween wasn't really done when I was a kid. We used to beg for money with an effigy of Guy Faulkes  instead!

.............and this is my grand effort to impress the kids with some Pumkin Carving..........But I'll have to go a long way to compete with these guys

The result- 05-11-11- 2x Twin 15w Actinic/UV, Twin 25w Actinic skinners- 7 of 6 species-
  •  1524 Emmelina monodactyla 2 
  •  1795x Epirrita dilutata agg. November Moth agg. 1 
  •  2091 Agrotis ipsilon Dark Sword-grass 1 NFY 
  •  2109 Noctua comes Lesser Yellow Underwing 1 
  •  2259 Conistra ligula Dark Chestnut 1 
  •  2264 Agrochola macilenta Yellow-line Quaker 1

3 comments:

  1. Told you it was never too late for DSG... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to your perception Stewart. What about a Scarce Bordered Straw??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes go on then I'll give you that. Its one I have have never seen, being genuinely scarce up here...

    ReplyDelete