- 0461 Ypsolopha ustella 1 NFS
- 1631 Poecilocampa populi December Moth 6 NFS
- 1799 Operophtera brumata Winter Moth 6 NFS
- 1923 Colotois pennaria Feathered Thorn 4
- 1933 Agriopis aurantiaria Scarce Umber 2
- 1935 Erannis defoliaria Mottled Umber 2
- 2227 Asteroscopus sphinx Sprawler 16
- 2258 Conistra vaccinii Chestnut 2
Friday, November 18, 2011
Home & Away 17/11
Despite the threat of a possible cold snap, the mild nights persist. This was certainly the case last night, though possibly hampered by a heavy dew.
The Garden trap claimed another NFY, as a December Moth obliged. In fact just two moths were caught, the other, an unusually late Dark Arches. Incredibly, two other VC30 moth-ers also caught one on the same night. Could this be a coincidence, or a possible foreign influx?.......
I also persuaded Trent to go on another foray into Home Wood. This time we tried the 80w MV with sheet again, as not to many people bother at this time of year. We used this for about 1 1/2 hours, but left the battery trap over night. Trent collected it in the morning, there is a combined list at the bottom of the post.
461 Ypsolopha ustella
It was good to get another three new species for the survey. I will probably try one more time this year, possibly in mid December in the hopes of finding Northern Winter Moth.
The result- combined from location#1 & 4-