Tuesday, November 29, 2011

28th Nov.

The weather has been shocking of late; if it isn't cold, it's blowing a gale. But the mild, unseasonal couldn't continue forever.
I put the trap on last night expecting not a great deal as the wind began to pick up. However, my reward was waiting under the egg boxes in the morning.

Scarce Umber
Not really that 'scarce' but difficult to get in my garden. This is only my second ever record after a single in 2009. I thought I'd missed out this year too; this one is on the late side.
This brings the overall species list for the year to 460, a nice round number. The only addition I could possibly make is Northern Winter Moth- as I have had it in the two previous years.

The only other highlight of late was a single December Moth, caught on 24/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment