Sunday, August 8, 2010

Broom Gps........08/08

A family walk round the local gravel pits today produced a surprise new moth.......Although common the Shaded Broad-bar has evaded my detection in the garden at least. This is a rather worn example, but beggars can't be choosers. The Broom List has been due mainly to sweep netting during the day, I just haven't had time to really have a go at it at night with the heavy artillery!

Shaded Broad-bar
On the birding front, still pretty quiet. Highlights were a both Green and Common Sandpiper on the new washout pit and a 1st of the Autumn Wheatear west of Peacock's Lake. A pair of juv. Yellow Wagtails were also notable. The day was finished off with a low flying Hobby over the back garden 2 hours later..................but back to the moths tonight!

3 comments:

  1. I thought i`d got the wrong blog there Matt, when i saw the mention of birds ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dean,

    I'm new to Mothing......I've been birding for well over 25 years. Lately I've been more involved in WeBS and atlassing on my local patch, it adds a new dimension to it all!

    cheers,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, variety is the spice of life, or so they say.

    ReplyDelete