Sunday, October 13, 2013

Everyone loves Merv!

A rubbish couple of nights really, with not a lot to show for it. Hopefully the weather will settle down again by next week. I did get out for a couple of hours this afternoon to do my WeBS (Wetland Bird Survey) count this afternoon at Broom GPs. But that was pretty uneventful too.

Merveille du Jour
Second record this year, they are surprisingly common in my garden. Last year I had nine.

 1042 Rhomboid Tortrix Acleris rhombana
In contrast, this is one I struggle with- It's only my second record and its almost a whole one! Note: Missing antena.

Upper Caldecote Garden- 1 Trap- 21 of 10 species-

1042  Rhomboid Tortrix (Acleris rhombana)  1 NFY
1760  Red-green Carpet (Chloroclysta siterata)  2
1764  Common Marbled Carpet (Chloroclysta truncata)  2
2107  Large Yellow Underwing (Noctua pronuba)  3
2126  Setaceous Hebrew Character (Xestia c-nigrum)  4
2237  Grey Shoulder-knot (Lithophane ornitopus)  1
2240  Blair's Shoulder-knot (Lithophane leautieri)  1
2247  Merveille du Jour (Dichonia aprilina)  1
2267  Beaded Chestnut (Agrochola lychnidis)  4
2389  Pale Mottled Willow (Paradrina clavipalpis)  1

No comments:

Post a Comment