- 1995 Cerura vinula Puss Moth 1
- 1994 Phalera bucephala Buff-tip 1
- 2337x Oligia strigilis agg. Marbled Minor agg. 5
- 2089 Agrotis exclamationis Heart and Dart 11
- 1728 Xanthorhoe fluctuata Garden Carpet 1
- 2333 Apamea anceps Large Nutmeg 12
- 2126 Xestia c-nigrum Setaceous Hebrew Character 2
- 2092 Agrotis puta Shuttle-shaped Dart 3
- 1931 Biston betularia Peppered Moth 1
- 2087 Agrotis segetum Turnip Moth 4
- 2384 Hoplodrina ambigua Vine's Rustic 1
- 2381 Hoplodrina alsines Uncertain 1 1st of the year
- 1301 Crambus lathoniellus 1
- 2284 Acronicta psi Grey Dagger 1
- 2102 Ochropleura plecta Flame Shoulder 2
- 2302 Rusina ferruginea Brown Rustic 1 1st of the year
- 2160 Lacanobia oleracea Bright-line Brown-eye 1
- 2380 Charanyca trigrammica Treble Lines 1
- 1082 Plum Tortrix Hedya pruniana 1
- 1177 Epiblema rosaecolana 1
- 1083 Marbled Orchard Tortrix Hedya nubiferana 1
- 1257 Pea Moth Cydia nigricana 1 1st of the year
- 1742 Camptogramma bilineata Yellow Shell 1 1st of the year
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Well the gazebo was almost uprooted by the strong winds last night, as a result I was forced to take down the BLB tubes to prevent breakages. In the morning I packed it away to save it being totally written off! But despite the wind there were still a few moths. The kids netted a Pea Moth during the day and there were a few new macros as well. If I do any trapping tonight it will be with the usual 2x 15w Actinic/UV as I don't suppose this wind will slacken off any time soon.
1257 Pea Moth Cydia nigricana
Swept from the hedge during the day.
Swept from the hedge.
I've seen 4 of these this year!
The result- 55 of 23 species-