- 0050 Stigmella aurella Leaf Mine- on Bramble- Garden 1st
- 0064 Stigmella continuella Leaf Mine- on Birch- Garden 1st
- 0075 Stigmella floslactella Leaf Mine- on Hazel- Garden 1st
- 0097 Stigmella malella Leaf mine- on Apple- Garden 1st
- 0099 Stigmella hybnerella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0107 Stigmella regiella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0108 Stigmella crataegella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0111 Stigmella microtheriella Leaf Mine- on Hazel-
- 0125 Emmetia marginea Leaf Mine- on Bramble- Garden 1st
- 0156 Heliozela resplendella Leaf Mine- on Alder- Garden 1st
- 0263 Lyonetia clerkella Leaf Mine- on Birch, Apple, Rowan
- 0265 Bucculatrix cristatella Leaf Mine and Cocoonet on Yarrow
- 0275 Bucculatrix bechsteinella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0303 Parornix anglicella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0304 Parornix devoniella Leaf Mine- on Hazel- Garden 1st
- 0310 Callisto denticulella Leaf mine- on Apple
- 0323 Phyllonorycter oxyacanthae Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0326 Phyllonorycter blancardella Leaf mine- on Apple- Garden 1st
- 0332 Phyllonorycter corylifoliella Leaf Mine- on Hawthorn- Garden 1st
- 0342 Phyllonorycter coryli Leaf Mine- on Hazel- Garden 1st
- 0345 Phyllonorycter rajella Leaf Mine- on Alder,Garden 1st
- 0353 Phyllonorycter ulmifoliella Leaf Mine- on Birch- Garden 1st
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Highlights and Milestones.........
A trip away meant no trapping for a few days (12th-14th) and then catching up with a few bits and pieces. On 10th August David Manning the VC30 Micro Moth recorder, spent an hour or so checking my garden for leaf mines. He certainly knows his onions, as he managed no less than 22 species! This gave the Micro list a real shot in the arm and spelt certain doom for Trent's already flagging list. I noticed him last week looking at bargain booze online and I suppose that's better than nothing. I still haven't seen last year's prize yet............
It looks like 2 momentous events have happened more or less simultaneously; I have now recorded 500 species for the garden since starting mid way through 2009. I have also surpassed last year's total of 373 species and broke the 400 species mark for 2011 with many more to come. It couldn't have been done without help from A & M Banthorpe, David Manning and of course, the expertise of the bloggers who follow my posts- especially Ben and Skev- Thank you to one and all!
Garden 1st, 10th August.
698 Agonopterix kaekeritziana
Garden 1st, 11th August
Garden 1st, 14th August
692 Agonopterix subpropinquella
Judging by lack of obvious markings and the earlier flight time, I think this is a correct ID-
waiting for confirmation CONFIRMED................15th August
1309 Agriphila geniculea
1st of many, NFY 15th August
Garden 1st, 15th August
Finally got one to pose! NFY 15th August
Tatty, but NFY, 15th August.
Leaf Mines recorded 10-08-11, Upper Caldecote- by D V Manning